Welcome to National Auto Shipping:
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of National Auto Shipping’s Website.
Terms 1. Customer is the registered legal owner of the vehicle(s) and has authority to enter into this agreement or has been dully authorized by the legal owner of the vehicles(s) to enter into this agreement.
2. Customer or his agent, who has been identified in writing to national auto shipping, shall be present at the point of pick-up or delivery. If customer or its authorized agent is not present for any reason, the vehicle(s) will be placed in storage, at customer’s cost
3. Customer shall prepare the vehicle(s) for transport by removing or properly securing all batteries, loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas and other similar items. The customer shall disarm any vehicle, alarm system and provide National auto shipping with any tools or keys required to disarm the system if activated. If the alarm system is activated during the transport of the vehicle, national auto shipping may deactivate the alarm system by any means that it or the transport driver deems reasonable and effective. All cars 10 years or older are transported as “As Is” condition.Customer releases any claims for damages that are caused by customer’s failure to accomplish these obligations.
4. Customer is allowed to put 100lb of personal belonging in the trunk of the vehicle(s). National auto shipping may impose additional fees, in its sole discretion, for the transport of contents left in a vehicle exceeding 100lb. In no event, however, will national auto shipping be responsible for the safe transport of any such contents, (except port shipment).
5. National auto shipping may, in its sole discretion, subcontract its obligations hereunder. In such event, subcontractor shall be solely responsible for all obligations to customer. Customer shall file all claims with the subcontractor identified on the bill of lading and hereby releases national auto shipping from any and all claims arising out of or related to any actions or inactions of the subcontractor.
6. All delivery dates and times are only estimates. National auto shipping does not agree to transport the vehicle(s) in time for any loss or damage resulting from any delay. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO DELIVERY TIMES OR DATES.
7. Customer shall identify any damage to any vehicle(s) by noting the damage on the bill of lading received by customer at the time of delivery. Any claims related to such noted damage must be submitted in writing to national auto shipping or its subcontractor within 15 days of delivery, or , in case of failure of delivery, within 15 days of the date that vehicle was scheduled to be delivered. Customer hereby waives any damage claims that are not noted on the bill of lading or for which customer has not submitted a timely written claim. National auto shipping shall not be liable directly, in subrogation, or by assignment to customer’s insurance company for any claims paid by the company. IN NO EVENT SHALL NATIONAL AUTO SHIPPING BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
8. Customer authorizes national auto shipping, its subcontractors, agents and employees to drive, park, store and otherwise operate or transport the vehicle(s) in any manner necessary to fulfill the obligations under this agreement. Customer shall maintain insurance on the vehicle that shall extend to national auto shipping operation of the vehicle. Customer will provide proof of insurance on the vehicle(s) to national auto shipping and will keep in force such insurance until transport of the vehicle is complete.
9. IN NO EVENT SHALL NATIONAL AUTO SHIPPING, ITS SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES EXCEPT FOR DAMAGES TO VEHICLES ACTUALLY TRANSPORTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH DAMAGES WERE CAUSED BY NATIONAL AUTO SHIPPING GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL CONDUCT. Customer specifically agrees and hereby waives any other claims against national auto shipping or its subcontractor including, but not limited to minor damages such as scratches, scrapes and chips that result from normal road conditions and wear and tear; alignment; tire damage; suspension; glass damage; overloaded vehicles; defective or insufficient brakes, parking brake or parking gear, damage to loose, torn or visibly worn convertible tops; damage to vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras or any other type of covering; damage caused as a result of the inoperable condition of the vehicle; damage caused by tie-downs that break or tear due to vehicle’s age or condition; damage that is undetectable due to the vehicle’s dirty condition at the time of pick-up; or damage caused as a result of acts of god or god or other force majeure events.
10. Any deposit made by customer shall be retained immediately by national auto shipping based on the completion of the transport of the vehicle unless otherwise cancelled by the customer. If national auto shipping is unable to assign the vehicle for transport within 15 days of pick up date, the entire amount of the deposit shall be refunded to customer upon customer’s request to cancel transport with national auto shipping. In the event a carrier has been assigned to the transport the full deposit may be retained and considered earned by national auto shipping. Customer may additionally cancel this agreement at any time prior to 15 days after the vehicle pick-up date. In such event, a cancellation charge of $100.00 will be deducted from the deposit and the remaining deposit shall be returned to customer.
11. Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold national auto shipping and its subcontractor harmless from any cost, expense, damage, loss and claim, including any third
party property or personal injury claim, arising out of or related to customer’s breach of any warranty or obligation hereunder.
12. The entire amount of the transport charge is due and payable without discount upon tender of the vehicle(s) regardless of the loss of, or damage to the vehicle(s) at any
stage of the transport. Additional charges of up to $400.00 will be assessed of the vehicle becomes inoperative for any reason during the transport. an oversized vehicle fee of
$300.00 will be imposed unless such vehicle has been pre-approved and disclosed prior to transport.
13. Customer and/or its agent are jointly and severally liable for any and all unpaid charges including, but not limited to sums advanced or disbursed by national auto
shipping or its subcontractor and any and all cost of collection, including cost and reasonable attorney fees. Unless the order has been prepaid or national auto shipping
otherwise agreed in writing. customer shall pay all COD amounts, including any additional charges, in cash or certified funds. National auto shipping will have a lien on the
vehicle(s) for any charges that remain unpaid and any such lien will survive the delivery of the vehicles.
14. Performance under this contract shall be excused to the extent such performance is prevented by force nature. The term be force nature shall include acts of god or
the elements, acts of a public enemy, acts of terrorism, riots, strikes, labor disputes, fires, explosions, floods, acts or orders of civil or military authorities, or other causes
beyond the reasonable control of the party declaring the force majeure events. Such excuse from performance shall continue until the force majeure event ceases to exist.
15. The provisions of this agreement are severable and the invalidity and enforceability of any provisions herein shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions
which shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement supersedes all written or oral agreements between national auto shipping and customer and may not be changed
except when in writing by an officer of national auto shipping.
16. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the state of Florida. The parties further agree that any legal action arising out of this
agreement shall be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within Broward county, Florida. Customer hereby submits to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any and
all defenses based on lack of personal jurisdiction.
Port Shipping Checklist For International Shipping
- Your vehicle/s MUST BE in operating condition, with a working emergency
brake and is licensed or qualified to be licensed for operation on public
streets or highways
- The vehicle MUST BE washed
- Personal belongings are removed – VEHICLE MUST BE FREE OF CONTANT
- There are NO cracks in windshields or other windows
- A minimum of 6″ ground clearance required
- The gas tank MUST BE LESS than a 1/4 tank full
- You remove fire extinguishers
- Propane tanks are empty
Please note you have limited free storage days. If you drop off early or pick up late you may be charged storage fees at the rate of $25 per day per vehicle. Please check PORT website for more details.